Sunday, March 25, 2007

Challenge 8 - watch


Before I retired I almost always wore a watch particularly at work where I always needed to know the time for desk shifts and work commitments and breaks as a librarian. Now I'm retired I rarely wear a watch and love the freedom of being able to take as long as I like to do things. I don't live a scheduled lifestyle a lot of the time and enjoy the flexibility. When I do need a watch I wear this filagree watch which i love. It needs a new watchband and I haven't a clue what sort to buy...maybe another white one. I have loved all the watches I have had over the years. My old work watch I gave to a watch maker.
Lots of love from Susan in Australia

9 comments:

Lin said...

VERY NICELY DONE! It looks like a pretty pretty watch!

Teri C said...

It is a beautifully-done watch! I smiled when I read this because I think the same way. Not work-no watch!

aPugsLife-laserone said...

Oh this is wonderful! The detail and tiny colored flowers are fantastic. :) I just did The Watch Challenge too. Funny. :) Keep up that fantastic work! :)

Lynn said...

It's beautiful! It looks so light and delicate. I'm a librarian too and so I know all about desk shifts and breaks and living by the clock. I only work 10 months a year, and for those two months I'm off, I try to never look at the clock and don't wear a watch either.Keep up the good work!

Carole said...

This is a lovely drawing of your watch. I like the way you've done the detail on the face, the coloured flowers and the tiny numerals. Well done!

Alison said...

A nice litttle sketch- I find now that I've downsized from car to bicycle, I need a watch - even though I'm not in the paid workforce.

Robyn said...

What a pretty watch and even more special when you wear because you want to and not because you have to.

phthaloblu said...

Nice job! Well done.

llq said...

how are you!This was a really brilliant website!I come from ukChristian Louboutin Boots, I was fortunate to approach your blog in google