Saturday, March 31, 2007

Little embroidery


I used to do a lot of embroidery particularly cross stitch but haven't lately. I miss it so the other day I got out little pieces of fabric and did some embroidery with beading. I've done three and this is one of them. I'll post the others in the future. It was such a delight to be doing it. I am hoping to do a few more of these little embroideries in the future. I always did my embroidery for a reason -- a watch band, purse, wallet, clothing, etc. it was fun to do it for no good reason other than delight. My brother asked me what it was for. I just said because.
Lots of love from Susan in Australia

4 comments:

Carole said...

And that's a very good reason, Susan! This is lovely, I like the colours and the use of beads. It reminds me of rock pools.

Teri said...

I love your answer susan, 'just because'. That says it all. It is such a lovely little piece and so well done!

E-J said...

The perfect response! It's art ... doesn't have to be for anything, except for the pleasure you had in creating it. And it's really pretty. I love crochet and knitting but am hopeless at sewing - I'm too impatient for it!

Alison said...

This is lovely - you might be interested in Sharon's blog http://inaminuteago.com/blog/ Shelives in Canberra, has all sorts of interesting information about embroidery and runs some challenge groups similar to EDM eg Take a stitch Tuesday (written in red at the top of the blog - click on it to find out more)