Saturday, January 06, 2007

Mood swings


I'm going through another downward shift in my moods. I go zippy and creative for 10-14 days and then quiet, flat and generally uncreative for 10 to 14 days. I haven't done any drawing for a few days and that seemed normal for my flatter time. As I haven't been doing drawing for very long I was just wondering if I pushed myself a bit could I manage one of the Everyday Matters challenges......I did it, I did a bag picture. I don't have a scanner otherwise I'd show you. It was a little more difficult to do than when my mood is more elevated but I did it.
I have noticed in recent months that I am able to do a wider variety of things regardless of my moods. I get a lot tireder when I am flat but I still manage to do more than I used to. I can always do my emails and usually go for my daily walk and do cycling on my exercise bike and weights. I am leaving my art work out more now where I used ot put it away during my down times. My artwork particularly the drawing is having a very interesting affect on my moods. Drawing is a very calming exercise for me if I choose manageable subjects. I'm also stretching myself by doing the challeges of Everday matters in order which helps me to stretch myself as well. I'm going to leave you now and look at Drawing on the right side of the brain and see if I can tackle the first exercise. I think drawing may be a doable task during my down times.
Lots of love from Susan in Australia

2 comments:

Brenda Yarborough said...

I really got a lot out of Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain and know you will too! I think it's wonderful that you are actively finding things you CAN do during this low time. My prayers are with you!

Anonymous said...

Keep it up Susan, you're doing so well. I enjoy coming to visit your blog.